Tuesday, March 29, 2011




I started my dutch lessons this week. FINALLY!!!! You have no idea the hoops we have had to jump to get me into some state-required language courses. But at least now they have begun.

I only get six months of classes to learn what I can, but it is 4 days a week, and I intend to work very hard. Everyone seems very surprised that I have only been here 5 months, and yet taking the inburgeringcurses. They are only about 20% language and 80% civic and integration, but the more I am exposed to vocabulary and forced to speak with others, the more I learn. It is nice to have a place to babble like an idiot without judgement.

The majority of the people in the class with me have been in the Netherlands for many years(and speak much better Dutch than me!!). I think many are being forced to take the courses by the Government, as there is a big push for any ethnic 'buitenlanders' to integrate, learn the language, and become at least a bit Dutch. I don't disagree, but then I come from a western country and am living with a Nederlander, so my view of it is a little different. I WANT to integrate, desperately, and find a job in the zoo field, so I am happy to learn and am very motivated.

I am enjoying the classes and the homework, but I have little patience for my own brain's slowness. I just want to download it directly like the Matrix. Does anyone know how to install a flash drive into grey matter?




No comments:

Post a Comment