Monday, November 22, 2010

The Melkweg

Went to my first concert at the world famous Melkweg in Leidseplein, Amsterdam.

What a cool venue. TWO concert stages, a theatre, a cinema, and a gallery for photography. A draw bridge that goes across Leidsegracht(leidse-canal) too. This night was a gift from G's friend, J, who joined us, along with her brother. 
The lineup was a bunch of mostly Dutch bands, but lots of different genres and sounds. (link to band list)


De Kast (The Closet)


Blaudzun: I really liked these guys, but I think it is weird that they sing in English, but a lot of Dutch bands do! I asked G about this, he responded that they just like the way it sounds.


Moke: These guys were really good, big, room filling music, a very entertaining guitarist, shaggy hipster hair.

It was a fun night! I have a feeling I will be returning to the Melkweg soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment