Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Five wonderful days of nothing(and good food)

It has been an amazing week at Chez Weg. Everyone keeps asking us what we did our first week, and really, a whole lot of nothing. But it meant a LOT to us, staying up late watching movies, snuggling on the couch, walking Atlas, sleeping in late, buying things to fit my stuff into the house, generally nesting and making a home that we get to share and actually live together in, and just spending hours and hours in each other's arms; it might not sound like much, but it means the world to me.
Atlas settled in right away, and has pretty much been ruling the house from the moment go.
Atlas(on the big couch) putting G in his place(the love seat)
I also had to buy some proper clothing! A nice warm pea coat, matching scarf and hat, and some cute and comfy Ugg boots have made a big difference in my comfort level in the chilly weather. It helps that I think I look cute in scarves and hats. 
Another thing I have enjoyed discovering is how great a cook G is!! He has been spoiling me with some fabulous dinners, including a traditional Dutch dish called boerenkool(farmer's kale), which is basically just mashed potatoes with kale and bacon mixed in, and served with smoked kielbasa. It was simple but good, I love hearty farmer's kinda food. He also made an amazing red curry, and I am very excited about the ease of finding ingredients for thai, indonesian, and indian food. Garam masala and thai chilies, peanut sauce and fresh fennel all at the market right across the street! Heaven! 
We also hung out with his good friends N and M, who are an adorable couple (even if he left boerenkool for bowling of all things), and got some things ready for the Halloween/G's Birthday party. I guess we did more than I thought! 



No comments:

Post a Comment